Latest Dreamcast buys!

Work has been manic of late which has resulted in less time to actually play games. As a result, I thought I would try and keep my purchases down to one a month so that I can fully focus on the games which I actually buy. Of course, I am a sucker for anything Street Fighter (well, before the series was ruined by Capcom USA) so this month I am chuffed to finally get my hands on a game which has one of the most long and ridiculous names ever, Super Puzzle Fighter X: For Matching Service. Being a game that I'd only played in the arcades, I am really looking forward to getting my teeth into Capcom's infamous chibi-puzzler and expect to see something on that in the near future.


I also picked up another Dreamcast controller because well, with the unreliability of the triggers, you can never have enough of 'em. The reason I picked an original white one is that the site I bought it from actually pictured it with the box which I was after. Unfortunately, it wasn't sent which was a bit of a disappointment although I only paid peanuts for it so no real complaints. Adding to my ever growing collection of VMUs is the official, "US Blue" version. Definitely, one of the better colored ones and to top it off it is brand new with the battery tab still inserted. I'll  probably leave in for now though.

Also, as of late I have been making some custom cases for some of the Dreamcast games and emulators I own which are missing cases. Places like The Cover Project and The Iso Zone have some sterling custom covers, which don't look out of place against the original ones. Luckily, I was able to pick up 10 copies of an old football game for the PS2 for a grand total of 50 yen (30p) which I stripped and replaced with these Dreamcast covers. Looks pretty good if I don't say so myself!